November 23, 2008

The Sweet Things In Life

Have you ever noticed that doing good things for others is usually more rewarding than doing something for yourself? Today was a great day. I did tons of small things that hopefully bring smiles to everyone's faces. Here's the things I did today:

My Aunt Nancy posts some great recipes on her blog all the time and I have always wanted to try them. So today I made Cheesy Beer Bread and Cinnamon Bread Delight. We haven't tried them yet (just got out of the oven) but they smell so good! So today I made a great dinner for DJ. We're having roast, potatoes and carrots and Cheesy Beer Bread. I didn't realize until half way through the recipe that I would be making two loaves of Cinnamon Delight Bread. So DJ's family will be getting the extra loaf. I hope they like it.

DJ's phone recently broke and he had to get it replaced. All of his phone numbers were stuck in his old phone though so while he was working today I wrote all his phone numbers down for him and he can program them into his new phone when he gets a chance.

DJ's also been looking for a used fridge - either for free or really cheap - and I found him one! He gets to pick it up tomorrow. And this is perfect timing because he just brewed his first batch of homemade beer with his dad. It's sitting in our spare bathroom fermenting right now but soon will be ready to keg! Now he'll have his keg-ger-ator for the garage!

I also had a lot of smiles today. Taylor and I played a lot and she is so cute! I can't believe that in just about two weeks she'll already be 2 months old. She is really growing up a lot faster than I would like her to but I am enjoying every minute of it. Babies are so cute to watch sleep. She was sleeping in her chair today while I was baking and I couldn't help but laugh. Her little arm kept raising into the air like someone had attached puppet strings to it. It makes me wonder what she was dreaming about.

I hope everyone else enjoyed their day as much as I did. :)

No comments: