February 16, 2010

X+Y= . . .

What does an empty toddler bed + open bedroom door + no baby gate on stairs at 3:45am = ?

The onset of a heart attach. And that's exactly what I asked Taylor if she was trying to do when I found her sitting on the kitchen table at 3:45am Saturday morning.

I randomly woke up without hearing Taylor wake up. I noticed she wasn't in bed. I noticed she wasn't in bed with DJ and I either but the bedroom door was open. I also know we do not put the baby gate at the bottom of the stairs when we go to bed. I walked up stairs and to my surprise Taylor was sitting smack dab in the middle of the kitchen table. To my relief grandpa was there with her. But I was still a little shooken up. She heard grandpa got home from working nights and she wanted to check out all the excitement. Maybe I will start putting up the baby gate when I go to bed. . . or baracading the bedroom door?

No comments: