June 28, 2011

The Darndest Things

Lately Taylor has made us laugh so much with the funny things that come out of her mouth. Here have been some of our recent conversations -

Last Friday night I wasn't in the best mood. I came home from a crazy day at work, Taylor hadn't had a nap all day and was coming off of a crazy mad sugar high. Her voice was high pitched and whining and she kept trying to talk over the conversation DJ and I were having. In a bad mommy move I looked at her as she stood at my feet in the kitchen and this was the conversation we had:
Me: "Taylor! For 2 seconds can Mommy and Daddy just talk! Please, your driving me nuts!"
Tay: (with arms in the air) "Mommy, I'm driving ME nuts!!"

As I laid in bed with her the other morning, praying she would fall back asleep -
T: "Mommy, will you be my best friend today?"
Me: "Of Course I will Baby"
 . . .shortly after she needed to go potty and wanted to cuddle with Daddy in Mommy and Daddy's bed so we switched beds. As soon as we got into bed with DJ she began talking . . .
T: "Daddy, will you be my best friend today?"
DJ: "I'd love to!"
T: (rolls over to look at me) "Daddy's my best friend today Mommy. You're just my friend".
My heart ached a little :o(

I was buckling Taylor into her car seat on Saturday and my shirt fell down a little. She looked me right in the eye and said, "Mommy, your boobs are small". I'm glad she points at the obvious and notices all the parts of my body that are not as 'perky' as they once were.

As we were dressing for a graduation I asked Taylor if I looked alright in what I was wearing. She flatly said, "No". I asked her why and she said, "It just doesn't look good Mommy".

Leaving for work yesterday morning I told Taylor to go potty before we left. She came out of the bathroom and said "Mom, I farted in there and pooped in there so you need to clean the inside of the toilet now".

I got home from work late one evening and DJ and Taylor were finishing dinner when I got home. As I sat at the dining room table Taylor roller her baby doll around in the stroller. She stopped baby right next to me, leaned down and asked her baby doll "You want to eat with Grandma? Ok." Then she got baby doll out of the stroller and told me her baby doll wanted to eat dinner with Grandma. DJ thought it was very funny.

No comments: