October 3, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness

Every year Jess and I walk in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. We have so much fun doing it every year. It's a 5k held right in the middle of downtown Denver. This year we had some special company with us. I'm excited that Taylor is old enough to go now. In the years past I thought it was too early to wake her up and it's usually been pretty cold the morning of the race. We were all happy Joel and Renee came along! Renee and I decided we would make it a tradition to the 5k together. Next year we are going to make our own shirts. Hopefully next year DJ isn't working and he can do the race with us. I hope one year I am in good enough shape to run the 5k.

 I'm always amazed by how many participate. There is a 5k run that starts at 7am, a 5k walk that starts at 8am and at 9am there is a family walk. The night before the race there were 29,000 people registered to participate.


It's very rare you'd ever see Joel with a baby stroller . . .


I always love the goofy costumes people wear for the race. This was a team called the Boo-Bee's. They were too cute.


Taylor had the best seat in the house - Joel's shoulders or her stroller


In the 4 years Jess and I have done this together this is the only picture we have ever taken at the race


Half way through the race you get a beautiful site of downtown



My favorite part of the course is when the highway twists and crosses. The news always broadcasts live views of the race and from the air this looks like a breast cancer ribbon with all the pink walkers


October is Breast Cancer awareness month so pull out your pink! Maybe we'll see you there next year :o)

No comments: