June 2, 2012

Grandma & Grandpa Love

Over Memorial Day weekend we had some special visitors. My parents came to town and we couldn't have been more excited. The weekend was jam packed and flew by way too quick. I wish they lived closer so we could visit all the time.

They got in Friday evening and came over for a quick dinner. Nothing fancy at all. My mom had never seen the house before so Taylor gave her a tour. It's so funny when a child gives someone a tour - she skipped a few rooms she obviously didn't think were very important. I didn't realize this either until a few days into the weekend mom was wondering what some of our doors led to.

Saturday was so much fun. DJ actually had the weekend off because he had been working so many days in a row (confusing RR rule). He went off to do some guy stuff (golf), and Taylor and I joined Mom and Dad at the pool. It took Taylor a little longer than usual to get comfortable with the water. It felt so nice. And man was she spoiled! Look at the snow cone Grandma got her!


Grandparents are the best for spoiling. And I've always heard Grandma's are just Mommies with sprinkles.

Saturday night was probably my favorite. For two reasons: 1) Brother's Bar and 2) LittleMan


Brother's Bar is the oldest operating bar west of the Mississippi. They've been in business since the 1870's and we love little places like this. They have the BEST burgers and their patio is awesome.

I'm not sure which is the best but we LOVE LittleMan and it's in walking distance from Brother's Bar. My parents were in for a real treat. LittleMan serves the best ice cream and the atmosphere makes it even better. 


We waited in line for what seemed like forever but it was worth it. I think Taylor gets more excited about this old slide than she does the ice cream!


And lucky for us they were showing old cartoons when we went down. . .



We walked back to our cars and walked past some fun art downtown. I'm not even sure what it is though.


Sunday we woke up early and I served brunch for everyone. We had all of our neighbors over and had this. It's a new favorite. Afterwards we took a drive in the mountains. DJ got to ride his friends motorcycle and he was like a kid in a candy shop again.





I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have. The weekend flew by way too fast and I wish we had more time with them here. Hopefully we all get together again soon.

We love you guys!

No comments: