November 12, 2012

Lazy Kind of Weekend


We had the best kind of weekend around here. It was truly needed on my part :o) and it's one more thing to add to my Thankful Tree (more on that tomorrow).

Friday night I spent the majority of the night working on homework while DJ got ready for work. Taylor was with his parents running errands and stopping by the nursing home to see Great Papa. I'm glad I was able to work on it because it wasn't something she'd want to see - dissecting a sheep's brain.

Saturday morning we woke up and the air outside felt icy. I'm so happy it's cold enough to wear big sweaters and boots now. We went to the Museum of Nature and Science with my friend Kristin and her kiddos. So much fun! I didn't get the best pictures simply because none of them stayed still long enough . . .

They were all so cute! Can't wait to get them all together again soon.

After the Museum we came home, ate lunch and Taylor took a nap. It was so relaxing to sit and watch the snow fall while she slept. It actually made me want to listen to Christmas music :o) but I didn't. I worked on some more homework and we painted our nails before heading over to our friend Erin's house for dinner and watching the K-State game. How amazing is that team doing this year?!? So excited! After the game we jumped into our swim suits and sat in the hot tub. I think we really need a hot tub of our own in our back yard. I was in heaven! And having it snow a little while we were in there made it even better! Saturday night when we got home I realized how thankful I really am to have such great friends. Love Kristin and Erin.

Sunday morning DJ was on his way home from work and we had already decided it was going to be a day spent at home relaxing, eating and watching football. Taylor knew she had a sleepover planned with Grandma and Grandpa so she woke me up at 7am telling me she was going to start packing already. I just laughed. She really wanted to go shovel the snow off the driveway and sidewalks but there wasn't enough to shovel. We compromised and got her all bundled up in snow gear (snow pants and all) and she got to play in the snow in the backyard for a little bit. 


When DJ got home we started breakfast. The original plan was waffles, eggs and sausage but halfway through the first waffle, our waffle maker broke :o( So we settled for pancakes and everything else. It was still pretty good. Taylor called Uncle Preston and told him she was ready to go over there already so he offered to come get her. She just didn't want to be around mom and dad anymore. I made her stick around long enough to make chocolate chip cookies with me though. I need to mess around with my cookie dough recipe because they haven't been turning out very well lately. 

DJ and I spent the rest of the day hanging out in pajamas and watching football. I made a roast in the crock pot and corn bread for dinner. I even got to take a nap on the couch. It was amazing! I'm not used to taking a nap and waking up on my own terms; someone else usually does that for me :o)
It was a great weekend. . . now off to school. Only 3 weeks left.  


No comments: