November 24, 2012

Weekend Update

I'm going through a bunch of computer stuff so I won't be posting any pictures for a few days now. But I guess that's alright because the only pictures I ended up taking on Thanksgiving were of our decorations . . . weird huh? That's the second year in a row! I kept telling myself I would take pictures this year and I would even get some good pictures to add to my cookbook. Oops!

Thursday morning Taylor woke up and told me in the sleepiest voice, "Happy Thanks Turkey Day Mommy". Too dang cute! Our Thanksgiving here was amazing. Everything ran smoothly considering we hosted 16 people and this is the first year I have hosted it. I have to admit I was pretty impressed.

DJ got to go Black Friday shopping for us. There were a couple of things we wanted and thankfully he was able to get them. I stayed home. Taylor was in bed and I wasn't about to go to bed with a kitchen that still needed some cleaning. DJ even made it home before I went to bed!! I miss Black Friday shopping! Maybe next year. We did run to Best Buy Friday morning though and I found the movie A River Runs Through It. I've been looking for this movie for a while without having to order it online and finally found it. It was a little like Christmas morning. We watched it Friday night. Great movie if you're looking for a quiet night in!

Today we started setting up Christmas decorations. It always amazes me how cozy our house can feel after we add a few Christmas decorations. My favorite will always probably be the garland hanging on the stair banister.

I'm spending the rest of the weekend relaxing, watching the Twlight movies (or at least one since I've never seen them), finishing laundry, and playing games with Taylor. I just wish I didn't have to go back to a routine on Monday.


1 comment:

Amy Mak said...

Thanks for coming over to my blog the other day for the giveaway. CUTE little girl you have and beautiful blog. Have a great day!