March 6, 2013

Nothing Too Spectacular

Nothing too spectacular has happen around our neck of the woods this week leaving me with little to blog about. Add in large amounts of homework, finishing projects around the house and regular daily stuff it's been pretty boring. Here's a few funny things too happen:

Taylor went to a birthday party Friday night. They played musical chairs and she won one round. Saturday morning she was talking to me as if I wasn't even at the party with her. She was very theatrical in telling me this story, "So, we played music chairs last night and so now I know how to play. I even won. I am like the best music chairer ever". I thought it was too funny.

I dropped my iPhone. I only had a case on it that protected the back of the phone. Smart huh? I guess that's what I get for taking out the trash! It fell out of the pocket in my hoodie when I bent over. It shattered the screen completely. Luckily our phone were eligible for upgrades. DJ got the new iPhone 5 and I took his iPhone. Such a pain switching everything over for new phones. Having the iCloud helped but it didn't make it any easier.

We are finishing up projects around the house. We (I mean DJ) finished filling the holes in Taylor's walls and painting over them. He also finished the trim around the chalk board in the loft. I'll have to post pictures soon. Now we still need to move a few pictures in the entry way but after that we are done with home projects for a while. At least until it's warm enough to plant flowers and work on the yard :o)

Taylor has parent teacher conferences on Friday. I can't wait to hear how she's doing this year and how she's changed from last year. I love her teachers. Not sure what we'd do without them.

DJ will be working on his grilling skills. We finally got a new grill. We've had the same grill since we were 19. It was time for an upgrade.

That's the most exciting things have been around our house lately. Taylor and I are making cookies today after she gets out of school. Gabby goes to the groomer tomorrow. I still have homework and DJ will be working. Pretty mellow ending to our week. I guess it's better than being super hectic though, right?

No comments: