April 14, 2008

Happy Birthday

Even though my actual birthday is not until tomorrow, April 15th, I received most of my gifts on Sunday. We had wonderful weather, I even got a light sunburn, on Sunday so we had a BBQ with DJ's family. It was so much fun. We ate great food, enjoyed the hot weather, played games in the backyard, ate cake and opened gifts and went to DJ's little brothers basketball game.

But I have to say I got the most amazing birthday gift ever! I got some really cute maternity clothes and money from his family. My dad, step mom and DJ all went in together and got me a gift card for a spa. I have always dreamed of going to this spa. It's the Coldwater Creek Spa. It originally began as an online and catalog company only for clothing. A few years back they began expanding and opened up individual locations. I know where two are. But just about a year ago they opened one of 12 spas right here in Denver. My best friend Nicky had received a gift card there and said it was the most amazing experience. DJ and I got his mom a gift card there for Christmas and she seemed to agree with Nicky. When we got Carrie's gift card the sales gal gave us a tour and I was so jealous! You walk in to the spa and there is a waterfall running down one wall, it smells of nothing but lavender and eucalyptus and soothing music is playing. You feel nothing but relaxed even just standing in the entry way. Each guest gets a personal robe, and a drink of their choice (some chose champagne because it's included). No cell phones are allowed, all the technicians speak English, and it's very quiet. I'm going to be getting three spa treatments done. Explanations of all are below. I believe I was given a slice of heaven for my birthday!

Pregnancy Massage 50 minutes:
Our expert massage therapists are specially trained in this type of massage, avoiding certain techniques, stretches and pressure points to ensure your safety. (this is a full body massage - something I have never experienced by a professional)

The Ultimate Manicure 45 minutes:
Your choice of Shea Butter is applied, followed by our hydrating heated mitts. An exclusive ultimate hand massage, vitamin C exfoliation, paraffin hand treatment and hot towels for an indulgent experience. Finish with an expert nail grooming and polish.

The Tropical Pedicure 50 minutes:
Hot towels and our own ultimate foot massage combined with mango, kiwi and coconut essential oils and scrubs take you away. Your feet are buffed, expertly polished and you walk away with a shimmer of our glamour dust on your feet.

I can't wait to go!!

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Your spa treatment sounds wonderful! The best professional spa treatment I've had done was an Herbal Wrap when Dale and I went to Vegas. Absolutely fabulous! Enjoy your pampering. And, Happy Birthday.

JC Mom said...

Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy your luxurious spa treatment while you can... :)