June 2, 2008

Are We Finished Yet??

Finally the move is over!! And I for one could not be happier! This is the 7th move for me in 3 years (the 3rd for DJ in 3 years)! And just think, we get to move again in 4 months. All other 6 moves have not been bad. The packing and unpacking went well, the moving; everything. But being 5 months pregnant and moving in 90 degree weather was miserable! Most of everything we own is now sitting in a storage unit. I'm just glad I won't be packing everything up again in 4 months. But all in all everything went well. DJ and I started packing last Tuesday night. I had Thursday off and packed most of the apartment and DJ took all the boxes down to our garage. DJ had Friday off so he made several trips to and from the storage unit and we were done moving everything come Saturday at 5 pm. We were exhausted! Sunday was supposed to be a day of rest. But it's funny how this works. . . just because you are exhausted, just finished moving and want to rest, the world doesn't come to a stand still for you. Oh no, Sunday we had grocery shopping, a trip to Target, laundry to finish, small unpacking to do, helping Joel move his mattresses and couch to the storage unit and I had a bridal shower to attend. I can't wait for the chaos to end. In the mix of moving I lost my calender and several other things. I think they may have been taken off to storage. Oops! Gabby is so worn out from the move she doesn't care where she sleeps (here she fell asleep in my car and nothing would wake her up).


Tonight we have a graduation to attend. I knew it was coming up but didn't realize it was tonight until this morning. I hope things slow down for us soon! Kara left for Kansas City yesterday afternoon. She was happy to be leaving. She was tired of helping people move, lift, sort and organize things and I don't blame her one bit. DJ and I wanted to hide away in her luggage. She'll be attending an architecture camp/class for the week and will return on Saturday.


No comments: