July 3, 2008

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!

I know this is going to be a very busy weekend so I thought I would write about it in advance. This morning I got to work early and had nothing to do so I started showing my patriotism early. . . Friday morning DJ and I are taking a road trip together! We are waking up early, grabbing Starbucks and hitting the road. We're heading up to Wyoming to buy fireworks! Shhhh. . . I know this is illegal but it's always been something I wanted to do but never got the chance. And besides, I have to get all my bad apples out before the baby comes

Friday evening we'll head down to Coors Field to watch the baseball game. This is my favorite thing about the 4th of July. Not only do we get to partake in one of America's favorite past times, but I also get to sit in the stands and check out the hottest baseball player of all time! Matt Holiday! DJ doesn't enjoy this as much as I do! After the game is over we get to go down onto the field and watch possibly the best fireworks displays ever done . . .and we'll be doing all of this from where Matt Holiday stands! :)


Saturday morning I am going to wake up early and make a dessert. I'm making cheesecake designed as an American flag.
This is the dessert I will be taking to DJ's parents' 4th of July party Saturday night. Saturday afternoon we are going to a wedding. We're sneaking out before the reception though. There just aren't enough hours in the day!
Sunday should be all about resting! I hope everyone has a great 4th of July! There will be more pictures to follow in the upcoming blogs!

No comments: