June 29, 2008

Expectant Mother

It seems like everywhere you go they now have parking spaces reserved for "New Families & Parents", "Senior Citizens", etc. A long time ago I had seen a parking space at the grocery store reserved for "Expecting Mothers" but it has since been removed. I was doing some errand running and grocery shopping and ran to WalMart. That is where I saw this:
I was so excited I pulled right in without feeling a bit of guilt.
But as I was leaving I got some very rude looks. A man pulled into a handicap space next to me and it was as if I could read his mind. . . "Pregnant women do not deserve their own space". I also noticed a woman walking from her car to the store as I was unloading my cart. She was also pregnant but did not even have a belly as large as mine. She made eye contact with me, started 'waddling' (which was noticeably fake) and sighed as she walked by. There needs to be more of these spaces!

No comments: