September 3, 2008

Uncharted Teritory

In the beginning of my pregnancy I remember taking the first picture of my belly. I took the picture in the morning before I left for work and I had to take the picture because I couldn't believe how big I was! This picture was taken when I was 13 weeks pregnant. Now I have to laugh because when you see the belly now it's much much bigger. All through the pregnancy, all 34 weeks, I have felt nothing but huge. I figured that was the feeling I would experience most - It's worst when someone parks too close to your car door and you have to squeeze into your car!

But last night DJ and I watched more videos in our child birth prep class. They weren't birthing videos but they were of narcotics and epidurals etc for assisting with the labor and delivery. the women in the video footage were huge! They had the biggest belly's ever! Now I feel a little strange about the size of my belly. On one hand it is large - larger than the other two ladies in our class - but today I feel very small. After seeing the women in the video I feel like my belly should be much bigger considering I am only 5 weeks and 3 days from my due date. I have gained 40 pounds but I feel like it might not be enough.

Has anyone else every experienced this during the end of their pregnancy?

No comments: