October 29, 2008

Weekend with the Grandparents

This weekend was so much fun. My parents were in town and we had an awesome time! Friday night when they got into town we just hung out at me and DJ's house. They were so excited to see Baby Taylor. And because Taylor now eats so much (4-5 ounces every two hours and a 4 ounce bottle once a day with rice cereal in it) they each got their turn feeding her. Saturday we went to the pumpkin patch. It was so windy though that it wasn't that great. After the pumpkin patch DJ's family came over and his sister made us homemade pizza. We all played cards, the adults had drinks (pomegranate martini's, jack and coke or margaritas) and laughed a lot. It was such a good time having both families here too.
Sunday we went to the mountains. The weather was nice so we were even able to get out of the car and enjoy the day. Unfortunately Sunday night came way too fast as it always does. I was so sad to see them go again. I didn't feel like I had enough time with them. But the time we did have together was amazing. I love getting to see my parents because we always have such a good time.
I have also learned that Taylor loves taking showers with her mama. She is so cute. I put her in the bathroom with me in her little chair. I strip her down to just her diaper and leave her wrapped up in a towel until I am ready for her. She is so cute. She absolutely loves taking a shower and she is so cute sitting in her chair waiting for me. In fact, the other day when she was waiting for me she was so cute I had to take a bunch of pictures of her.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Oh, I'm behind on checking your blog. So glad to see pics of your dad & Cheryl with Taylor.

I loved it when the girls got to the point that they liked to shower with me or Dale. What fun and so much easier.