December 6, 2008

Can't Help But Get Excited

I couldn't help but be excited today. Taylor and I ventured out to find me some new clothes. Pre-Taylor everything I wore was very tight. Now that I am a mom I prefer being more comfortable . . and I haven't lost all my pregnancy weight. So we went on a journey to find me some new shirts. I try to find clothes that I won't mind wearing out every day but can also still wear to work since my office is business casual dress. We went to Old Navy and I really didn't believe the sale they were having. I had to ask a sales associate if the sign was right. Everything I got was more than 50% off! I got 2 new shirts that look fabulous, a scarf, a fleece pull over and a new camisole. If only every store had such good deals!

And another exciting thing . . . bartering with someone. A girl I have known since kindergarten works at a shoe store in the mall. I see her every time we are at the mall. When DJ and I were last there we stopped to talk to her and DJ looked at shoes while we chatted. He's been needing a new pair for a while but shoes are just too expensive. She and I were texting each other a few weeks ago and she said she was job hunting and needed more money (she has a two year old daughter). One thing lead to another and I found myself offering to help her with her resume. In return she offered to let us use her 40% off discount at her shoe store. So now DJ has new shoes! We were able to save over $30 on a pair of shoes. What a bargain! I wish bartering was usable other places!

No comments: