August 13, 2009

Life Update

So many new things have been happening in our life! DJ's company fully transferred over to their new company( bought out by a trucking company), Taylor is doing something new everyday and I started my new job on Monday.

Taylor started walking tonight. She took 2 small steps to DJ and fell. But as the night went on she slowly started taking more steps to get where she wanted to go. So far, 3 in a row without falling. I know she will catch on quickly and I will try to get a video soon. She also found out tonight that she loves Chicken Noodle soup and reading books with daddy. She has always been a book worm (probably her favorite thing to do) but lately she has actually let people read to her.

DJ's going to be starting a new schedule Monday. He will be working from 4m-midnight with Thursday and Friday off. It's a bummer he won't have weekends off anymore but it's much better than the 10pm to 6am shift he is working now.

I started my new job with the State of Colorado on Monday. I love it. I have my own office area, new supplies and computer, great people to work with and my boss is super sweet. It's going to be a lot to learn but everyone is very helpful. It's so nice to start with a clean slate too. Working at the city I was referred to as "Young Ann" because I was about 25 years younger than anyone else working there and I started there when I was 19. I feel like people actually respect me now and it's a huge change already. I can feel the weight is lifted off my shoulders. I'll keep everyone posted on it as time goes by but I can see myself staying here for a long time.

No comments: