October 30, 2009

Snowed In

As many have heard, Colorado got a huge snow storm Wednesday afternoon. All state offices, including mine, closed at 3:45 Wednesday afternoon and didn't open until 10am on Thursday. Most schools had a snow day. Lucky for me, Thursday was my day off this week so I didn't have to venture out into it.

I had so much fun staying home with Taylor. Days like yesterday really make you want to be a stay at home mom. We woke up with DJ before he left for work, made scrambeled eggs for breakfast, baked brownies, played games, did laundry and cleaned house. I thouroughly enjoyed myself all day. DJ came home around 3pm and we just vegged out. We drank some wine, watched a movie (The Proporal) and I finished making dinner.

Last night DJ's family joined us for pumpkin carving. Obviously Taylor was too young last year to partake but I did carve a pumpkin for her last year, just as I did this year. It was fun but I am glad pumpkin carving only happens once a year. The process is long, the mess is big and it makes your skin feel really nasty. My favorite part was having Taylor feel the slimy pumpkin seeds. She didn't like it and was a little afraid.

Taylor's pumpkins are both on the outside, mine is in the middle on the left and DJ's is in the middle on the right.

No comments: