November 27, 2009

The Loot


With Thanksgiving comes Black Friday. Technically not a real holiday, but just as good to some. I never participated in Black Friday shopping as a kid. It wasn't until three years ago did DJ and I get into it. The first year we bought a new TV. Last year we had a 7 week old baby and I had just returned to work off maternity leave. We didn't go shopping and I was bummed. This year we had everything planned.We were getting up at 3am and would be out the door by 3:30am. Some people just couldn't drag themselves out of bed though...

 The in-laws were going to Wal-Mart. DJ's sister Jess and her boyfriend Steven were going to JCPenny with us. DJ and I were looking for ourselves and getting some things on his parents' list. We left the house at 3:30am, grabbed coffee at DazBog (shocked they were open) and made it to JCPenny for the opening. We found everything. Cookware, bedding & pillows, a tunnel/tent and Christmas PJ's for Taylor, coffee pot, griddle and crockpot for his parents. We made out great! I can't wait to use the new cookware - originally $499.99, bought today for $178.00. Our new bedding was 60% off and the pillows were 50% off. Jess and I are headed out in a while for more steals! Enjoy the 'Holiday' if you participate!

No comments: