December 11, 2009

If You're Going To Have A Baby...

Or know someone who is going to soon. . . you should add an extra pair of sheets onto their baby registry. I'm not talking about nursery or crib sheets. I am talking about sheets for the parents' bed. Everyone knows to get extra sheets for the baby bed, but does anyone think about needing extra sheets for the parents' bed - should they run into any problems? DJ and I did last night. Since everything we basically own is sitting in storage we only have one set of sheets - the ones on our bed. Taylor got sick last night. DJ and I felt so bad because our lil' girl has never been really sick before. Yeah, she has gotten the sniffs and bronchitis before, but she has never thrown up more than regular baby spit up. At 11pm last night DJ heard Taylor in her crib. Sure enough she was throwing up. She started at 11pm. We cleaned her up and removed the sheets from her bed. Shethrew up again shortly after in our bed and got it all over the sheets. We fell back asleep on the couch at 1am and she was throwing up again at 3am. She was so scared and didn't know what to do. My heart just broke for her. And as I was singing to her, rocking her back and forth in my arms, I couldn't take my eyes off of her. It's amazing how fast they grow up and how quickly you forget she is just a baby. 

She is doing much better today but I still want to do nothing other than cuddle her all weekend. 

No comments: