May 28, 2010

Catch Up

I promise we haven't fallen off the face of the planet. But life here has been so crazy this past month. Since I lost my job at the end of April life has been moving 100 mph all day, everyday.

I never imagined I would be so tired from trying to keep up with Taylor. It's amazing how much energy our little girl has, how strong she is when it comes to fighting nap and bed time. I won't go on and on about every detail of our lives since I last posted on here but here are the new updates on Taylor:
She can now tell you what a cow, duck and bear say. She also looks at every duck she sees and plain as day says "DUCKY". It's so cute. She likes to walk around the house repeating "Mom, Mommy, Mom" until she has said it about 100 times. I simply reply what every time but she keeps on going. I can tell her to go to her room when it's time to change her diaper or go to bed and she knows where to go. She also knows that when I say, "ok, get under your covers" she climbs up in her bed and reaches for her blanket. She is so smart. She loves to be outside, loves playing with her puppy and now tells you when she wets her diaper. I think it is so cute, but she now crabs her butt and says "ucky" when she needs to go to the bathroom or already has. We will be potty training in the next few weeks. I can already tell.

Since I last posted though we did have a big scare. Taylor got a fever that came out of no where in the middle of the night at the beginning of May. She had a fevral seizure. DJ and I had no idea what these were. We called 911, she was taken to the hospital in an ambulance and had a temperature of 102.5. They said she had a slight ear infection so she was put on antibiotics, had a fever for the next three days and is much better. I guess these type of seizures are very common for kids under 5.

DJ is working as many overtime shifts as he can since I am not working and his company allows of it. I love being able to spend so much time with him. In the past we have always worked opposite schedules but now we get to eat dinner together every night, he can crawl into bed with me when he gets home in the morning and we can actually talk in person instead of always on the phone.

As for me. . . my first class is Wednesday morning. I am taking 14 credits (18 is the max per semester) this summer. I am taking Biology 111, English 121, Psychology: Human Growth & Development, and Human Nutrition. I am so excited for class to start. I have my fall classes already picked out. I am taking 2 biology classes, music appreciation, and medical terminology. I will be a busy bee soon.

Kara has been in town since last Friday. We are having so much fun. We have been catching up, talking about things we never spoke about before, taking Taylor to the park, went to the zoo today. She is also spending a lot of time with friends. I am so happy to spend this time with her and will miss her so much when she leaves. Taylor has also made her a best friend and I know she is going to miss her Aunt Kara. It's a good thing we are going to Kansas next weekend!

That's been our life in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting. Just constant running and being on the go. It's been so hard to find time to post on the blog, especially since I still don't have a working computer. I am going to move this up on my priority list :o) But I promise we are here and everything is going well. I will start posting pictures soon.

Love to all!

No comments: