November 10, 2010

Me & Her, Her & Me


There's nothing like having a sister. A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life. And I got to talk to my sister for the first time in about 70 days. I love how easy it is to pick up where you left off with a sister. In my count down of days until I was going to be able to talk to her it felt like an eternity since I had last spoken to her and my heart ached to just call her. It was like a piece of me was missing. But when she called me today for the first time it felt like it was just yesterday since I spoke to her. I love how easy it is to fall into conversation and open up to her. The best thing about having a sister is that I will always have a friend. My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in 6th grade at the time. It's so true. My sister has always been there to act as my sounding board and offer me advice. She functions as my safety net in this chaotic world simply by being there for me.


My little sister graduated from Army boot camp today and I couldn't be more proud of her. She is so special to me and I want nothing but the best for Kara. I wish I could have been there in person to experience this big achievement of hers. I know she is going to go amazing places in life and she is going to set such a good example for everyone around her. She amazes me in everything she does and I always want her to know how much she means to me. So. . .


Kara - CONGRATULATIONS! You are amazing! I will always be proud of you. Thank you for always being there for me and being the best sister I could have ever wished for! I Love You!

No comments: