April 29, 2011

Kansas . . . The Finale

The night before we left for Kansas we had a birthday party to celebrate the birthdays of my dad, my step brother Adam and myself. It was so much fun celebrating with family.



Kara and our brother Ben



My brother Adam

I think Dad was excited about his birthday gift :o)

Partying took it all out of her. . .

But here are some random picture throughout the day before I get to the good-byes . . .


This picture is one of my favorites of Taylor because she looks just like Kara did when she was this age

I absolutely love how innocent Taylor looks right now . . . after unrolling a whole roll of toilet paper


Saying good-bye to my sister is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I felt like I was losing part of myself and when I got home I didn't feel complete. I know it sounds crazy. That's just how close me and Kara are. I warned DJ when I got home that I was an emotional wreck and probably would be for a day or two . . . I didn't realize I would be a wreck for a week! After spending ten days with her I got used to having my sister around all the time and it was torture not having her by my side again. I couldn't talk about her without crying, couldn't think about her or even answer the phone when she'd call without crying. I knew Taylor was going to miss her Aunt Kara like crazy too. . .

The following pictures were taken after much crying and a very, very small amount of sleep, way too early in the morning so please be kind . . .


Luckily Taylor slept most of the plane ride home. At first I wasn't looking forward to watching a propeller the entire flight but it turned out to be beautiful. I was loving this view all morning while thinking of all the great times my sister and I have had and how very proud of her I am.



No comments: