April 26, 2011

Kansas . . . Part 3

One day during our Kansas trip Kara and I took Taylor to an amazing place called The Deanna Rose Children's Homestead. I fell in love with this place right away. It wasn't until we were back home in Denver looking at the map of the exhibits that I realized we had only walked through half of it. It was huge! But the half that we did see was amazing. I can only imagine how amazing the rest of the exhibit is.

We got to do so much and I took so many pictures so I will spare you and only share a few. . .


I loved the old school house...



We all got to practice our cow milking skills too . . .





When Taylor went to pet this little brown cow he lifted his nose and Taylor's hadn fell right on top of it. She was shocked by the wet nose and she still talks about it to this day. She tells everyone and touched the cows nose and "It FREAKED me out!!". She is very dramatic about it and throws her hands in the air when she talks about it. . .

Feeding the goats was probably my favorite part


Can you tell she was excited to feed the geese?


She rode the pony all by herself and I was so proud of her!




A lot of pictures huh? That's a small portion of the ones we took :o)

If your ever in Kansas City (On the Kansas side) you NEED to take your kids there! This will be a regular stop for us on all of our Kansas trips.

1 comment:

JC Mom said...

My kids always called this the Farm Park when they were Taylor's age. We used to go there at least once a week. Both of my kids' also had birthday parties there too. LOVE IT! Glad to know you guys did too!