April 21, 2012

26

This year I wanted my birthday to be very low key. Between work, school, projects around the house, chasing after Taylor and every other daily obstacle life has thrown at my lately I haven't had a day 'off' in a long time.  

I told DJ I wanted to wake up slowly, enjoy a cup of coffee while catching up on some reading (blogs, emails etc), just spend the day hanging out since the weather was supposed to be crummy, and eat really good Italian food. So we did just that.

The night before we'd had a late night out with some friends so we were all pretty tired. There's nothing better than lounging around the house knowing you can take nap. After we were all rested we took Taylor to see the movie The Lorax. It was so cute! Love Dr. Seuss.

One of the best parts of the whole day was driving down to a fabulous Italian restaurant in the Highlands - Pasquini's. Really, what beats homemade Italian food?   


When we got home Taylor decided I needed a birthday makeover and she felt very inclined to do my hair for me. She made me sit down and told me she was Dana - a dear friend of mine who has done my hair for about 8 years now.


 Don't worry. The flat iron isn't on. . .


 Don't forget you need product in your hair too . . .


DJ and Taylor had made me a cake in the morning and Taylor kept telling me all day "Don't look at your cake Mom! It's a staprise!!". This was so funny because I was sitting all of 3 feet away while they baked it.

It's almost impossible to get her to smile normal anymore . . . But didn't she do a fabulous job on my hair ??


Our little photographer helped out too . . .



 And just for good measure. . . DJ couldn't stop laughing after this one.


Here's to another fabulous year!

No comments: