April 22, 2012

Keeps Us Laughing

Lately Taylor seems to keep us laughing constantly. I think it's a little bit of her innocence, her truthfulness and just her personality.



 She's been very into growing up lately. I work early two days a week and Taylor and DJ are usually still sleeping when I need to get ready. When DJ's home I'll shower in Taylor's bathroom so he can keep sleeping. One morning about a month ago I forgot to take my razor back into our bathroom. Later that night when I had Taylor in the bath I didn't even notice it still in there. I stepped out of her bathroom for about 2 minutes, just feet away and when I came back into the bathroom she said, "It's all bleedy in here mom". I hurried in and found her holding her leg above the water with a small cut on her knee. I asked her what she did (she wasn't even crying or worried). At that instant she just looked up at me like I was stupid for even asking that question and said with a large sigh, "Well I had to shave my legs". I didn't even try shaving until I was at least 10!!

Fast forward about a week . . .


DJ and I were sitting on the couch looking at idea's for our next home project we were starting the next day. Taylor was putting her toys away before bed. When she came back down the stairs she had taken off her leggings and was just wearing her sweater and underwear. I didn't care or think too much about it because we were about to put on pj's. But as she walked by us on the couch I realized she had the worlds biggest wedgie and had hiked her underwear into thong fashion. I told her to fix her underwear and instantly she placed her hand on her hip, turned her butt towards us and said, "they look like yours mom". We went back and forth about her fixing them and she insisted she was like a mommy too and could wear them like that.

Fast forward about 2 weeks . . .



We had the girls from a few doors down playing. It's the two Taylor's and us parents all know we are in for trouble. Our Taylor's are about 2 weeks apart and just love playing together. The girls were in the office playing in Taylor's ball pit and when they came running out they each had balls placed in their shirts like boobs. DJ had to do a double take and asked Taylor what she put in her shirt. Her response: "Boobs!!". They quickly came out but the next evening when I picked Taylor up from Grandma's I was telling her this story. Carrie asked Taylor what she'd had in her shirt. Taylor (with a very sassy attitude) said, "Big Boobs! Just like my mom, and I'm going to water them and watch them grow!". Apparently boobs now grow in a garden like flowers and veggies. If only it were that easy sweetheart.


I'm afraid of what 13 will hold for us. . . .

No comments: