May 21, 2012

End of the Year Fun

Last week was Taylor's last week of school before summer break. They had all sorts of fun activities planned for the kids.

Monday they took a walking field trip to the park and I was lucky enough to join them. I have such an admiration for pre-school teachers. They are wonderful with these kids and the amount of patience they have is amazing. There were two classes that went to the park together so I handled the swings. Man were my arms sore after pushing all those little kiddos all morning. In the middle of swinging Taylor looked over at me and said, "Thanks for coming to my class mom and staying to meet all my friends". It made my heart melt.   


I loved that Taylor wasn't clingy all morning with me there. I wanted to see her run around and interact with all her friends and not worry where I was. 



No trip to the park with your class would be complete without story time. We also celebrated a couple summer birthdays with cupcakes.



We loved what this school has done for Taylor. DJ and I get so happy when she comes home and shares the new things she's learned.

Thanks Ms. Glenna and Ms. Chris!


Wednesday they had a picnic after class but I didn't get any pictures of that.

They made a 'keep' book through the year (from January to May for Taylor) that was sent home as well. This will forever be one of my favorite things we've ever gotten.



This was early in the year when she was still working on her 'signature'. Everything was a 't' or a circle.


This was our only take home project for the year - a Valentine's Day craft using mainly heart shapes.


This made my heart melt so much. Her favorite food is Daddy's steak. How cute is that?!? She loves when DJ cooks for her. Apparently he makes THE BEST cream of wheat, eggs and steak. I've been told I need to learn to make those like Daddy does.


VIP week must have been when DJ was getting a bunch of concrete bids for our back patio. Taylor helped him with that a lot. It's where I think she got the idea to be a concrete worker. During VIP week she also got to take Gabby as show-'n'- tell.


Summer break will be so much fun but we'll miss her class and great teachers. We are so blessed to have them. I'm so thankful she gets the same teachers again next year.

No comments: