June 7, 2012

Happenings

The other morning I woke up around 6am and the weather was perfect. Taylor was still in bed, DJ was expected home from work soon and all I wanted to do was sit on the front porch with a cup of coffee. As soon as Taylor woke up we did just that. We stayed in our pj's, I drank coffee, she drank milk. I had thought we would sit out there chit-chatting about random thoughts going through her head - you know how fun conversations with a 3 year old can be. But that didn't happen. She must really be 16 inside. She just sat there pretending to text someone on her phone. Later that day she was walking around the yard while I watered the flowers and I asked what she was doing. She told me pretending she was going to prom.


Finally I got her into conversation and she was telling me some story about her and her friends. A story in which she had made up. She gets so animated when she's talking. From the picture below you'd think she saw a bug that scared her or something. This was just one of the many facial expressions used for this story.


Yesterday DJ was getting ready to leave for work while I was laying Taylor down for a nap. He came sneaking into the room, trying his hardest not to laugh too hard and said I had to come see this. Earlier in the morning as I was getting out of the shower Taylor was playing with her baby dolls and I remembered hearing her say something to one of them like, "You can't talk to me like that".


Whatever her baby 'said' must have been pretty serious because she didn't even bother putting clothes on her before putting her in time out. And then she forgot about her there. Later that night I showed Taylor her baby was still there and she said, "well yeah, she got in big trouble". I don't think I was ever that serious when I played with baby dolls.

It rained pretty well here last night and Taylor was a little freaked out by the noises. We needed something fun to end the night since we couldn't go play with her friends so we decided a girls movie night was in order. We made popcorn, got water for each of us, she picked out a movie (The Lion King) and we headed upstairs. I had my hands full so I told her she could carry the waters and movie. We made it to the bottom of the stairs and she asked if I had the movie. I told her she was supposed to carry it because Mommy's hands were too full. She turned around and headed toward the kitchen where we left it and said, "uhhhh, I'm not an octopus mom". And when we get to the top of the stairs, if she's been carrying something up with her, she says we need to get rid of some of our stairs because they hurt her legs. I think it's the funniest thing. 

No comments: