June 25, 2012

Home Tour - Kitchen

I think my favorite room in the house is our kitchen. I spend early mornings there drinking coffee, reading blogs, emailing and just relaxing before everyone wakes up. It's just inviting. When we moved in things were crazy busy. We moved into our house on Taylor's 3rd birthday - her party was the next day. I was working basically full-time, so was DJ. I was also in school, Taylor was still in gymnastics and would soon be starting school. While the house was still under construction I would look at pictures of our kitchen and picture how I would organize each cabinet, where things would go, what would sit out on the counter tops etc. For the most part everything went right where I thought it would.

We've been in the house for about 8 months now and some of our cabinets were in need of a good organizing. I also wasn't over the moon about some of the things covering our counters. I LOVE cleared, clean counter tops. A clean kitchen is one of my favorite things. With the weather being almost too hot to play outside, I employed Taylor as my little helper the other day and we conquered the kitchen. I am so happy about everything we accomplished - cabinets are clean and organized, we threw some stuff out, moved a few things around but mainly gave the counters a good deep cleaning.

I LOVE MY KITCHEN

(I took these pictures before I changed the picture in our frame. I promise there's a picture in there now)





I still want to find small things to decorate the top of our cabinets and some tin stars to hang above the sliding glass door.




Now if I could just find a way to keep finger prints off our stainless steel. . . and I'm off to conquer more around the home projects.

No comments: