June 23, 2012

Best Pancake Mix

Now that I'm home all the time I feel like we go through pancake mix A LOT. I've noticed that the store bought pancake mix isn't very good. And it's expensive for what you're getting. I hated the last kind we bought. It wasn't worth it. So I made our own. I've used this recipe before and everyone loved it. So today I made a batch.

I took an air-tight container I had that wasn't being used and filled it with the dry ingredients of the pancake mix. . .
Then I used a sharpie marker and wrote the rest of the directions on the lid. .

Now we'll always have the best pancake batter mix at our finger tips! I'll even share the recipe with you!

Best Pancake Batter

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup corn meal
2 tbsp. plus 2 tsp. sugar
1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

In a large bowl stir together all dry ingredients. Keep in an air-tight container until ready to use.

For pancakes mix together 3/4 cup dry mix, 1 egg, 2/3 cup milk. Stir together until well blended.

Enjoy!





1 comment:

Sue said...

I am glad I found this recipe...I was looking for a mix I could give as a gift, and this sounds really good with the cornmeal in it. Thanks for sharing!