July 6, 2012

4th of July

We had an amazing 4th of July. Our awesome friends Erin and Erik had a BBQ. Honestly, Erin's name should be Martha. She definitely the hostess with the mostess. We wanted to take something festive for the BBQ so we made patriotic strawberries.

We started with this . . .


 And this . . .

And ended with this . . .


Before we went Taylor was taking pictures of everything around the house. I let her photograph me too. She told DJ he looked perfect and I looked 'so cute'. She's such a sweety.


Their house backs up to an open field . . . with cows. I LOVE it! Taylor was so excited when DJ held her up over the fence to see.

We got to play washers. I've never understood why we only play that game on big summer holidays. Too much fun!

 Every year I get a picture of our family on the 4th of July. I think this is my favorite by far. When we were taking the picture Taylor held up her strawberry and said "cupcake". That must be the new thing instead of saying 'cheese'.

It was such a fun, relaxing night

Erin and her sweet niece, Abby

I LOVE this girl.  

Giving Amanda some baby love . . .

And the famous sparkly toes picture. Every year Taylor and I paint our toes red, white, and blue and take a picture of our feet on Coors field. This year since we didn't get to we opted for the next best thing - our backyard.

We hope everyone enjoyed the 4th as much as we did!

No comments: