September 21, 2012

Putt-Putt

The weekend we had to surprise party for Paul was just super hectic. But poor little Taylor is such a trooper. Man, I can't believe how well she was through all of that. I crammed in homework every possible chance I got, we did a lot of cleaning around the house, Preston had a football game, there were decorations to be made and hung. So the following Monday we made it a low key family night. First we got to go to dinner at my favorite Chinese restaurant - Heaven Dragon. Gotta love egg drop soup!

Then we headed to Boondocks to goof off for a little while.

 I think I have to agree with Taylor when she says she is a "very stylish girl".


 At first we tried explaining to Taylor how she needed to hit the ball, DJ would help her line up,
And we both thought after a couple of holes she would have had the hang of it.

Then we both remembered Taylor has a very strong mind of her own. We were cracking up the whole time because she would hit the ball, then run down to stop it. But she wouldn't just do it with her ball. She'd do it with all of ours. Needless to say, we didn't keep score.

I absolutely love this picture because Taylor is trying to explain to DJ why she kept picking up her ball before it even stopped. She was so exasperated when she said, "it's just not going where it's supposed to". We can't help but laugh at her sometimes.






She has a golf swing like Happy Gilmore


After golf we rode the go-carts and then headed inside to play her all time favorite - Skee Ball.

I was so thankful that after such a crazy weekend, and month, we were able to just relax as a family. They are times I never want to take for granted.

No comments: