January 18, 2013

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

With DJ traveling all the time for work it's important for me to have food around the house that makes it easy for him to pack meals for on the go. Before his most recent trip I was searching my Pinterest pages for new yummy recipes. Man, I love that site! How did we live before it? :o)

I stumbled across this recipe. I had everything on hand for it so I thought it couldn't hurt to try. I have to say, these are a new favorite for me! Simple, easy and healthy! I love that the recipe doesn't require any flour!! And DJ even liked these!



Banana Oatmeal Cupcakes

Ingredients:
3 mashed bananas (the riper, the better)
1 cup vanilla Almond milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp Baking Powder
3 cups Old Fashion or Rolled Oats
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 oz fresh blueberries, chopped (the original recipe uses chocolate chips but I'm not a fan of chocolate chips in anything other than cookies so I switched it up)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Mix all ingredients together except blueberries. Set aside while you prepare the muffin tins.
Stir blueberries into oatmeal mixture. Divide oatmeal mixture between all muffin tins (makes about 18).
Bake for 20-30 minutes. You'll see the edges just starting to brown and they will be firm to the touch. 

I'll be making more of these later :o)



No comments: