January 15, 2013

Happenings Around Here

Every New Year I get this crazy itch to get organized (more than I already am), to de-clutter the house and make a list, not resolutions, but a list of things I'd like to get accomplished. Of course, just like any other year, I did just that.

And since the New Year I have been working feverishly to get that list done. I don't like to let it sit around all year not getting accomplished. That list is also why I haven't gotten much blogging done.

So here's what we've been up to lately. . .

DJ's traveling more than usual so I baked for 6 hours one day so he would have lots of food readily available for when he needed it. I made Cinnamon Delight Bread (a great recipe I got from my Aunt). . .

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins. . .

...Jambalaya, and Mini Chicken Pot Pies. I didn't get pictures of everything because quiet honestly I was tired at the end of the day. I'll share the recipes soon!

I got a lot of stuff checked off my new list of things to do - updated my external hard-drive, typed up a bunch of recipes I've torn out from magazines, and I've caught up on a lot of reading. I have finished one book and am already on to the next. I always have a lot of cleaning on my list of things to do. So far we've organized the loft, cleaned the laundry room (including behind the machines!), and cleaned/organized the office which turned into a full day event.

Taylor played dress up while I finished cleaning the office. My first communion dress is still a bit big for her but she fell in love with it!

She has been studying a lot . . .

I took over the book order duties for Taylor's school . . .

We went to a birthday party . . .

I still have several big things on my list-of-things-to-do but it's getting smaller everyday and we've been busy around here. Classes start again for me on the 22nd so I'm hoping to have most of it done by then. :o)

No comments: