February 6, 2013

It's Wednesday?

How can it possibly already be Wednesday night? Actually, it's pretty close to being Thursday already and I am not really sure how that happen.

I hate when you start out the week with all these great intentions and then somehow they all get put on the back burner. I did manage to accomplish a few things I wanted to so far.

We got together to start a craft with Aunt Jess. You can tell in this picture that Taylor really wasn't feeling very well still.

We got the carpets cleaned on Monday. Oh. My. Goodness. They needed it. Bad. I was shocked when we moved our couches at how dirty our carpets got in just over a years time. The Company that came was so nice. I'm happy with our floors again. So while we had everything moved out of the way I took advantage of cleaning all the other rugs and hardwood floors. I love a clean house.

Tuesday I got to get a lot done that needed to be done. We even managed to squeeze a craft into our day. DJ was lucky and got to sneak off to work while the carpets were still drying so Taylor and I got to start Tuesday off by putting the house back together. She liked rearranging her loft and I have to say we did a pretty good job. It's still a work in progress but it's clean and now we just need minor touches to complete that room. 

We played "beauty saloner". I love playing this with Taylor. She gets out her princess hair and makeup kit and says she wants to pretend to be a "Beauty Saloner Girl" (meaning a hair or makeup stylist). She always makes me so beautiful. I didn't get a picture of me this time so I told her we could do it again really soon. She even did my makeup that time! I kept trying to kiss DJ with my hot pink kid makeup lips but he wasn't having it. :o) Taylor loves wearing the pearl necklace my grandma gave her. So priceless!

We did a lot of running around - trips to Target, Michael's and Home Depot. Then grocery shopping. Sometimes I don't mind grocery shopping but I just wasn't feeling it yesterday. I think we'd been to enough stores that I just didn't have the energy but I put on my big girl panties and went. We spent the rest of the afternoon in the garage working on our craft project. 

We did pedicures in the middle of kitchen floor. 

And did all her Valentine's Day cards for school. Here's one for one of her teachers. I should have gotten a picture of both.

Everyday for us is jam packed until Monday so I am so glad we got some of this stuff into this week. We have 2 birthday parties, a baby shower, a family lunch, brothers to pick up at the airport, an assessment for Taylor at school, book orders to put together, tests for school that need to be taken, taxes that need to be done, and my list goes on. But I won't bore you. I will post pictures of our craft project tomorrow. It's bright and exciting. Let's just say it involves the name Tootie-Fruitie.

No comments: