February 7, 2013

Paint Project #1

A long time ago we bought Taylor an art easel from Ikea. And for a looong time I have been wishing it was a different color. It's a chalk board on one side and a dry erase board on the other. She also has a large roll of paper attached to it.

The plain wood was fine but it didn't seem to fit in with the other bright colors in her loft. So Tuesday I took Taylor to Home Depot to buy some paint for it. She was so excited when I told her she could pick the color. She picked out Tootie-Frootie. 

I didn't get any pictures of the painting process. To be honest I was a little worried that if I took my white camera out into the garage it would somehow come back inside with pink on it. I was scared.

The easel turned out perfect! 



I love the way the pink looks in the loft. She has bright blue and green walls (as you can see in the pictures), a large purple chair and one wall is a chalk board wall. I'm working on the finishing touches of her loft and soon I'll post pictures of the finished room. It's been a work in progress but it's finally all coming together.





 

No comments: