February 27, 2013

Taylor's Room

Taylor's room finally came together. We are so excited about how it turned out and so is Taylor. 

DJ just shook his head every time he came up the stairs because our house is like a rainbow now. The loft is bright green and blue as seen in the picture below, the laundry room is bright orange, our room is teal and now Taylor's room is hot pink and grey. I love it.


I think my favorite part of the entire room is the letters above her bed. Taylor and I bought plain 9" wooden white letters from Michael's and we used scrap booking embellishments to decorate them. I was so happy with the way they turned out. We bought the flowers at Hobby Lobby when they were on sale and used a hot glue gun to hold them in place.  

I think they need a little something more so I'm debating over adding clear and white rhinestones in different sizes around the outside. I'm undecided. 

I also got this frame and wall hanging from Hobby Lobby (I love that store).

This was bought with the intention of hanging it in the loft. She originally had a purple frame on this wall but the purple didn't look right in there so we moved it to the loft instead. She made these projects at school on Monday. I love that every sun she draws has a smiling face. It's a picture of our family with flowers and orange grass. :o)

I got the small hanging by her window at Bed Bath and Beyond. It says "Do something amazing every day". A good reminder. The butterflies came from Target.

And my second favorite part of her room are her new curtains. They are the tired white sheer curtains from Pottery Barn Kids. I was able to get them on sale which makes them even better. Had they not been on sale she probably wouldn't have gotten them. Love that store but it's a little expensive if you ask me.  

It's hard to get a good picture of them with the sun outside. I'll have to remember taking a picture of them when it's dark outside.

We painted the inside of her closet the same pink that's on her walls just for fun. I would have loved to have a hot pink closet growing up!

And DJ hung a ceiling fan. This ended up being more of a project for him than expected. He added a dimmer switch to Taylor's room so we can turn the fan on separate from the light and without having to use the pull strings. 

So glad her room came together as easy as it did. We still have just a little bit of touching up to do but I think that will wait at least a week. I'm over all this painting stuff :o)

No comments: