April 23, 2008

Fire! Fire!

This has left me dumbfounded. Today in our building (which contains 13,000 employees on 12 floors), had a fire alarm. I don't think it was a drill because we are normally advised there will be a drill. I was walking out of the the break room and all the hall doors began to close. Employees began racing down the stairs and I was supposed to return to my office and leave with my agency. . . but there were no alarms sounding in my office. I asked my supervisor if we go and she said "not until the alarms sound in our office". The office right outside ours left, the agency behind ours left but she was making us stay? What if something were to have actually been happening? . . . and this is what I ask myself, staring out the window at my desk watching the fire trucks pull up. . .

No comments: