April 26, 2008

Spa Treatment

I went to the spa today and let me tell you, it really was a slice of heaven. But before I get into all the great details of my day I have to say this. . .

You know the feeling you get after having the time of your life? It's like a natural high. Well nothing takes that feeling away quit like going to the cheapest gas station in town and still having to pay $3.47 per gallon. $20 doesn't even get a full 5 gallon. . . not even a full tank. When I purchased my car I only had to put in $15 and I had a full tank. Do I sound like a real adult/parent now? Ha-ha.

Now on to the details of the spa. . .

The pregnancy massafe is 50 minutes and it's totally worth every minute. They give you sandals, a nice comfy robe and walk you back into a private room. Because you aren't able to lay on your stomach when your pregnant this massage differs from a regular professional massage you might receive. The room was dimly lit, had soft music playing and smelt of eucalyptus and lavender. I was to lay on the bed (looked like a twin size bed) and start on my right side. The pillows were the most amazing thing I have ever laid my head on in my life. I was covered my a sheet and down comforter. I could have just taken a nap there and felt relaxed. The massage therapist had me inhale some aroma therapy to relax and began. First the masseuse started working on the left side of my back. She rubber my scalp, worked out all kinks in my back and hips. I flipped over and she did the same on the right side. When my back was done she had me lay on my back and sat me at a 40 degree angle. She had me inhale some more aroma therapy and covered my eyes with a heated herbal pillow. She uncovered my right arm, massaged it with lotion and hot stones. She even went as far as massaging my palm and every finger individually. It was amazing. She left the hot stone in my hand and covered it back up. She did the same with my left arm. With my legs she did the same as the arms but she massaged my feet, including my toes and rubbed them down with the hot stones. It was simply amazing. The last thing she works on was my neck. My collar bone, right above my chest, tops of my shoulders and neck were massaged and again rubbed down with the hot stones. I was ready for bed. She finished by massaging into my skin a tension relief balm that tingled for about 20 minutes and that was the end of it.

I got back into my robe and was greeted at the door with ice cold water. I was lead into a 'relaxation room', had my feet propped up and had a heated neck wrap placed around my shoulders. I was free to sit in there as long as I wished. When I was finished with my water I changed and got ready to leave. Too bad by the time I left it was snowing. . .

But all in all I have never been more relaxed in my life. It was the best gift I have ever been given and I will always remember getting not only a pregnancy massage, but the very first professional massage of my life. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks and get my manicure and pedicure.

Thank you DJ, Dad and Cheryl for the gift! You couldn't have given me anything better!!

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'd love to have a spa day! Glad you enjoyed it.