July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July

Our 4th of July was fantastic! We all had such a great weekend. Friday the weather was very nice so we spent the majority of the day outside setting up for the annual 4th of July party. I did get to play with side walk chalk again too! Sort of made me want to be an artist. :) Saturday was awesome. Of course weather in Colorado hasn't been the greatest all summer so we did have a rain shower for a little while. Not only was the party a blast to begin with but I am now the reigning champion of the washers tournament until next 4th of July. I couldn't be happier. :) Taylor even watched the fire works and fell asleep half way through. The second half of the evening she was pretty fussy - her top two teeth are coming in.To show our patriotic side Taylor and I painted our toe nails. This was so difficult. She barely has enough toe nail and trying to get her to keep her feet still enough to paint them was hard. I had her sit in her high chair and feed herself cheerios while I struggled to keep her toes still.
This morning we all woke up and headed back over to DJ's parents house to help finish cleaning up from the party. It rained. . . again. So once the rain stopped Taylor and I played in the puddles. She laughed a lot and thought it was a blast.


No comments: