December 30, 2009

It's All About Comfort

I was going through all the pictures we took this Christmas and I realized something. I actually LOVE some of the pictures that we taken of me. That's rare. I've been told that I am photogenic but I have never truely loved many pictures taken of myself, not even professional pictures. But as I went through these pictures I found that the more comfortable I am in the picture, the more I like the picture. So I got to looking through other pictures from this year and they all have something in common. In every picture I found that I LOVE, I am being a mom. I am most comfortable in my own skin as a mom. Sounds weird I know, because you're probably thinking, "but you're always in your own skin". So I got to thinking about it and thought, well maybe I like these pictures more because there just so happens to be the most beautiful little creature in every one of them. But nope that's not it. Walking through the grocery store, running errands, cleaning house, going to a party/event with a lot of people. . . I am always comfortable or just genuinly happy with who I am, when I am being Mommy. Has anyone else ever felt that? I know I have never had the best self esteem but when I am taking care of Taylor I feel confident, beautiful, comfortable and happy with who I am and I love that feeling. I think I was always meant to be a mom. And I have one special, ok two, special someone's to thank for that. Taylor and DJ (for obvious reasons). I love them both so much and I love that I can say, someone brings out the best in me! I love ya both more than ya know!

Some of the pictures I love. . .

No comments: