December 28, 2009

Sleep Habits

I know I have complained before about Taylor's sleep habits. When she was about 2 1/2 months old she started sleeping through the night (at least until 6 am). When she started teething she woke up a few times at night. A few months ago when she started waking up at night - nothing unusual with that - we realized that  she woke up screaming. Nothing seemed to help the tears at night. I determined she had a sleep anxiety, that she was afraid of waking up on her own at night. DJ and I decided that she was ready for a toddler bed. I know a lot of people would say that at 14 months old she is not ready for it at all and she is too young. I would have to differ. She loves it! She climbs into her bed by herself, plays with her little stuffed animals and blankets up there. In that past week it's served for some good entertainment.

Tuesday morning while I was getting ready for work I had the bathroom door slightly closed. I was curling my hair and out of the corner of my eye, saw something purple pass by. Sure enough, Taylor woke up, saw Daddy still sleeping and walked out of the room on a mission to find someone who was awake. She didn't even wake DJ up she was so quiet. So last night (really about 2am) DJ and I cracked up when she woke up. She climbed off her bed, walked over to DJ's side and started hugging and cuddling him. How cute!?! DJ was helping her go back to sleep and she was laying across his chest with her butt by me. The room was silent and she started tooting. I tried not to laugh. Then she grunted. DJ asked if she was pooping, she lifted her head and shook it 'no'. I think this girl is getting an idea of what everythign is and I get the feeling potty training it right around the corner! When she woke up again it was about 4:15 and she just wanted to snuggle. She she climbed up on my legs and I helped her fall back asleep. Just as I thought she was asleep, laying right next to me, she sat up, grabbed my shoulder (I was laying on my left side), rolled me over to my back and curled up in my arm. I fell in love with that lil' girl all over again. I don't mind her getting up at night because the tears and screams have stopped. Of course there are a few tears (she is in pain from teething) but it is quiet and stops after a few minutes. Our nights just might become uninterupted soon. :)

No comments: