January 14, 2010

Simple Steps To A Happy Life :o)

A few years ago, before Taylor, I was pretty unhappy with where my life was. I was living with a roommate that I didn't get along with, DJ was constantly traveling and I wasn't happy with my job. I started reading little books on being happy and they were actually really good. If I ever find them I will post the titles. But when I was reading them I wrote down the best tips, hints and quotes I read. 5 address changes later and I still have the list I made. I read it every now and then but recently started reading it more. Like I said in the earlier post, I will be going to counseling and a "Happy Anger" class to help me let go of things and become more genuinely happy. I am looking forward to this. I also decided that I needed more positive affirmations, confirmations and sayings in my life. So I printed off blank weekly calendars, will place each week inside the planner and every day I will focus on a new phrase. For every item I wrote down from these books, I added it to the calendar. I have 7 weeks' worth. I believe there are many people out there that do not participate in positive thinking enough (myself included) so every Sunday I will share my weekly list with you.

 

Here is my list for this week (only 2 days)

Friday:
Strive to improve! Do not strive to be perfect

Saturday:
Those who are least likely to quickly overcome a temporary sense of dissatisfaction with life are those who cannot define sources for their feelings



No comments: