April 16, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me. . .

Yesterday was my 24th birthday. I dreaded it. Not because I am getting older - I am excited about getting old. Call me crazy (this may change in years to come) but I think crows feet are attractive and I look forward to getting them. Anyways, back to me. :o) I hated my birthdays when I was younger. Something bad always happen. I spent my 16th birthday watching TV on the couch while my mom laid in bed all day. I was kicked out of my mom's house on the day of my 13th birthday. I waited on her porch in the snow while my dad drove my Cherry Creek to come get me. When I was younger I remember her making me finish cleaning the house (bathroom included) while my friends showed up for my birthday party - like a bunch of 7 year olds would remember our bathroom was dirty, let alone notice. Needless to say, I dread my birthday. It's why I hate celebrating it. I spent all of yesterday a crazy wreck. I cried three times. Hung up the phone on DJ three times. I'm sorry babe. I'm so thankful you can deal with my craziness.

Last night we went to Old Chicago to celebrate. DJ went against my wishes and made the staff all sing to me. I was mortified and hid behind Taylor. But I swear, Taylor must think every month she has a birthday because every month this year she has helped blow out the birthday candles.

(giving her special instructions to blow hard! :o)

We are having a BBQ tomorrow (even with the rain) to celebrate and next Saturday DJ, myself and a bunch of friends are going to an 80's piano bar to celebrate. I can't wait - it's my favorite place.

Blowing out your candles is always better when you have help. The best part was she knows how to blow now. We taught her so she can cool down her food and I think she really though she blew them out.




Yum Yum! She loves cake and thought it was 'mine, mine'!

No comments: