February 19, 2011

My Daughter


This is My Daughter. That's her name. . . chosen by Taylor herself. I have no clue where she came up with the idea to name her baby doll My Daughter but she did. It's so funny. You see, this baby goes everywhere with us - to bed, grocery shopping, the doctor, out to eat. Taylor's baby sitter, Kim, gave her this baby doll for Christmas. My Daughter plays peek-a-boo if you turn her on. Taylor gets curious every now and then turns her on and after a few minutes of the baby's hands moving and the baby talking, Taylor hands 'My Daughter' over to me and says (in not so nice of a voice) "Turn her OFF Mommy!!". I laugh every time because there have been a few days I have thought it would be nice to have a mute button or on/off switch around the house. (Every mom has thought it before, I'm just admitting it!).

On Thursday night Taylor came out of the bathroom carrying My Daughter and said her feet were wet. I looked and Taylor didn't have wet feet. After a few questions Taylor explained that My Daughter needed to go potty and Taylor let her use the big girl potty but My Daughter's feet got wet. You can't help but laugh (and this is why children should never be unsupervised). We cleaned My Daughter up and I explained to Taylor that her baby wasn't big enough for the big girl potty but if her baby really really needed to go potty she could use Taylor's old potty training toilet. So Taylor went right ahead and let baby use it.


Doesn't she just look like a proud little mama?

My Daughter is one of two baby dolls constantly being played with at our house. Taylor's other baby has been named Big Baby. Simply because she is a bigger baby doll than My Daughter. Before Taylor got My Daughter she was sort of attached to Big Baby. Over the summer we attended a family wedding and we couldn't take a family picture without Big Baby being in the picture too.


If you look close you'll notice the seat of the stroller is torn on the right side. Taylor thinks she can sit in the stroller with My Daughter/Big Baby sitting on her lap while she reads to them. This morning Big Baby even had to share cereal with Taylor. She sat on Taylor's lap while Taylor held a spoonful of cereal to baby's mouth and then Taylor ate it herself. She's even started opening the fridge and trying to find food because she needs to feed her babies.

No one is allowed in her bedroom when she's putting My Daughter down for a nap. I think it's so cute that she has such an imagination. I just wonder what she would do with a real baby?




1 comment:

Nancy said...

love that pic of your sleeping babe. so precious.