March 4, 2011

1st Date

The 19th of February was a very special day for our family. Taylor was going on her first date and she had the best date a girl could ever have. . . . . . Her Daddy.


Our gym holds an annual Daddy Daughter dance and DJ took Taylor this year. She talked about it for a few weeks leading up to the dance and she would tell everyone ' I need Daddy to dance with me later'. She would say it so matter-of-fact'ly too.

I told her we could get her ready just like big girls would get ready for a date and she loved that
When she's older she will hate me for this next picture. . .

 I took her dress shopping and it was so fun to watch her try on party dresses. Shoe shopping was her favorite. And let me tell you, we had a heck of time trying to keep her away from her 'pretty' shoes until the day of the dance. Now she wears them around the house and I've let her wear them out once. The girl has a shoe fetish.


Taylor practiced her dance moves before they left. . .


 

DJ was so excited to get Taylor all to himself for their date. He got all dressed up and even bought Taylor a corsage. These two were the cutest thing I had ever seen. I love Taylor gets to build memories like this with her daddy. You can just see how excited she is.




The gym goes all out for the dance too. Dinner was catered in, they had a chocolate fountain for dessert and a little area set up for pictures like they do at prom's. There was even a horse drawn carriage out front taking everyone for a ride. ( we are supposed to get photos from the photographer that was inside the dance and when we get them I will post them as well).



She'll never find a better date.

. . .and doesn't DJ look so handsome??



1 comment:

Nancy said...

love it! what special memories for the both of them. give them both hugs for me :)