May 13, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

***I posted something smilar to this yesterday but for some reason all the changes I made to the blog yesterday are no longer here. . . very odd. I've noticed this with a lot of blogs today***

We had a very good Mother's Day here. DJ and Taylor made me breakfast. In a few years Taylor will stop waking up so early and it might turn into breakfast in bed. . . :o)

The weather was amazing all weekend! We went shopping for a plant for DJ's mom for her Mother's Day gift. I love shopping for flowers. They are all so beautiful.

There was lots of love going around . . .


Grandpa had the top off the Jeep all weekend so us ladies stole it and went for a little joy ride. Taylor loves this Jeep. She had to take her pig-tails out so she could feel the wind in her hair. She was clapping her hands, singing and dancing to the music the whole time. We didn't go very far though - just to Sonic during happy hour for some slushy's. Yum!



Oh, I love her wind blown look!

We spent the rest of the afternoon playing volleyball and relaxing in the back yard. Some of us even tried to take a nap. . .



I don't have a single picture of the past two Mother's Days so I told DJ we at least needed some pictures from this year. Taylor has fallen in love with taking pictures and I think she might be in charge of the camera more often . Here's a glimpse of her photography skills. . .




I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day and felt very appreciated all day!
M-O-T-H-E-R

"M" is for the million things she gave me,

"O" means only that she's growing old,

"T" is for the tears she shed to save me,

"H" is for her heart of purest gold;

"E" is for her eyes, with love-light shining,

"R" means right, and right she'll always be,

Put them all together, they spell "MOTHER,"

A word that means the world to me.






















No comments: