September 28, 2011

SOLD

DJ and I are very excited to announce that after lots of hard work we purchased our first home! It's been so exciting because we've gotten to see a lot of things get done with this house.

It's 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath with a loft. Here's a little home tour . . .


 It looks so much better with the finished landscaping! (and SOLD sign :o)
(excuse the black above the garage - I didn't want to post the address)


One thing we really liked about the house was the back yard! Our lot is about 7800 sqft. which isn't very common on newer homes.


DJ's going to have a lot of lawn to mow and taylor has room to run and play with Gabby!


The way our house is set we don't back up directly to another house. We are at an angle but it means we have a great view out west!


There is a BNSF rail line right on the other side of that field. DJ has taken a train by the house several times. It would be fun to be able to stand on the back porch and waive as he passes by :o)

My favorite part of the house is the kitchen. I've always dreamt of the days when me and Taylor can spend the whole day in the kitchen together baking and we can create memories she will always cherish. DJ always knew how much a kitchen of my own would mean to me and when we talked about having a house he said he wanted to give me a kitchen of my own. And that's just what he did. He was so sweet and let me pick out the appliances :o) I can't wait to bake something yummy in here for him.

I love the dark wood and tile they did. Makes me want to have a glass of red wine and start baking!
(before appliances)


(with appliances)




Here is a tour of the downstairs -



When you walk upstairs the laundry room is strait ahead. To the right are the loft and master bedroom and to the left are the other two bedrooms and Jack'n'Jill bathroom.
Taylor is very excited about her own bathroom. The shower and toilet are behind a door in the bathroom and she says the toilet is hiding. It's so cute.
Here's a glimpse of her very own bathroom (unless we have another baby of course) . . . me and Taylor are hoping for that one :o)



Soon a washer and dryer will sit in here. I don't remember the last time I was excited to do laundry - even DJ is excited! I love that there is a window in here!


This picture was taken from the entry of the master bedroom.

Our master bathroom




We move into our new home in 1 week! We'll actually be moving in on Taylor's birthday. It's a great gift to give Taylor!

I'll post more pictures after we get settled in but for now I'm enjoying the look of moving boxes and newspaper strewn everywhere . . .




1 comment:

Alison said...

So excited for you!! That's such a huge and exciting process, I'm sure! :) Enjoy the move and new house! :)