December 14, 2011

Oh Christmas . . . . Tree

One little girl is seriously excited about Christmas this year. She lets us know exactly what she wants for Christmas. Sometimes she can even come off as a little demanding. Some things on her list we just can't give her. Neither can Santa. I remember asking Santa for a baby sister and even though I got one a few years later, I just know it doesn't work that way. She'll have to settle for Baby Alive.

We had lots going on the day we got our Christmas tree.
She LOVED helping Daddy shovel the snow. She reminded me of the little boy from The Christmas Story because she was so bundled up.


She started off shoveling the grass. She'd scoop it all up and drop it right where she got it from. Then she told DJ he wasn't doing it right.



 Taylor liked going out in the cold weather and shopping for the Christmas tree.
It took a little longer to put up this year than usual because we had to let it thaw out and someone kept doing this . . .


Finally we got going . . .


My Christmas Clutter . . .





I think next year we'll end up getting a fake tree. I love real trees and the way they smell. But I love having our tree up for a long time and now we're afraid it isn't going to make it to Christmas. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

(I just noticed there's a spot in the center of tree that's missing some lights. Oops)



No comments: