January 22, 2012

Taylor and Her Daddy

Taylor loves to be DJ's little helper - no matter what he's doing. I think it is the cutest thing because I remember trying to follow my dad around everywhere he went helping him.

Last week DJ was going to brew beer at home and told Taylor she could help him. He kept telling her he wouldn't start without her but she was determined to never miss a beat in the process. Before he finished sanitizing all his equipment Taylor was decked out in her winter gear ready to go into the garage. She was getting a little impatient and kept telling DJ, "Let's Go Brew Beer!!"

There's nothing like being Daddy's right-hand gal


And brewing with Daddy wouldn't be complete without a toast with sparkling Apple Cider


Lately we've also been working on little projects around the house. Slowly it's all coming together. And when DJ pulls out his tools, Taylor gets hers too. So when DJ was working on our new entertainment center last night Taylor jumped right in the mix - 

Telling Daddy where stuff could be hung . . . 
  . . . helping hold things . . . (it's a very important job) . . .
 . . using the stud finder . . . DJ told me there were two studs on that side of the wall . . . and he was one of them. I can't say I disagree . . . :o)
 . . . this just reminds me of an old man reading the news paper. But this is how you cross your legs while standing I guess . . .

 . . . and reading the directions to figure out what she needed to do. . .

My favorite part of the whole night was when she looked at DJ and said, "hey Dad, my tape measurer has a lots of numbers on it so you could use mine if you want". Too cute.



No comments: