December 20, 2012

All Sugared Out

What happen to December?!? It's been super busy around here lately. I've actually been trying to post this since Sunday but that obviously hasn't happen. 

Last Saturday we held our annual Christmas Cookie Baking Day. It literally takes a day but it's one of my favorite things about the Christmas season. We started at 10am and I think we were done by about 6pm.

This year we made Peanut Butter cookies with kisses dropped in the middle, the traditional sugar cookies, Red Velvet cookies, Peanut Brittle, Turtle bars, Nut Balls, and No Bake cookies. It was so much fun this year! Taylor is so funny in the kitchen. She likes to act like a grown up and really show her personality.


Taylor always seems to be right next to Great Grandma when we bake cookies. I don't know how those two always get paired up but they make a great team.
I love that Taylor will have a lot of pictures of her with her Great Grandma and Grandma. It's one thing I wish I had that I don't.


 Carrie had a little bit of a rough start. Talk about temperamental.

We put Gabe to work before he snuck off with all the guys. . . It must have been coincidence that Paul's dads birthday party was the same day so none of the guys got to stick around and help.

Look at those muscles!

She loved being able to use all the cookie cutters. . . some of them were upside down though. 

In Taylor's mind, this is a 'lightly-floured surface'

I think Carrie and her mixer must have had a falling out through the year because she really wasn't having any luck with it this year. First it was the flour incident early in the morning and then after lunch it was powdered sugar! It was probably the funniest things that happen all day. . .

Taylor's been trying to learn how to whistle. She sat at the decorating table and whistled the entire time. I kept singing "Whistle while you work. . . " She was just like one of the seven dwarfs. . .

I was so glad they all got back in time to help decorate. We always make so many sugar cookies that this is the one part most of us dread at the end of the day.

Taylor and I found some extra cute decorations this year. . .

The one thing I'm missing is a funny picture of Great Grandma. The first year we did the baking I have her sacked out on the couch licking a chocolate spoon, last year she was posing like Tim Tebow in her Bronco's apron. Next year I'll be sure to get something good!  

No comments: